Poynter Webinar Series - Battling Bias
Wednesday, December 8, 2021 (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM) (EST)
The MBA along with other participating state broadcasters associations presents a series of webinars for news personnel from the Poynter Institute.
Poynter Institute Webinar Series:
- Where do our biases come from?
- How do we recognize our own biases?
- Eight kinds of biases that can influence our journalism (these don’t make you a bad person, they mean you are normal)
- How biases influence who is in and out of our coverage
- How you can find new voices that will give you new insights, even on deadline
- How biases even show up in our Google searches
- The MOST likely place your biases might show up in a carefully crafted story